Valhalla Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valhalla Academy

Welcome to the Duel Academy, Guest

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hit Counter
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Music:
TeamHOExD:
teamchaosawakening:

Taming a war horse (incomplete)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Duelist Points : -1822
Achievements : `
Top Poster III

Taming a war horse (incomplete) Empty
PostSubject: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 pm

The golden sun began to rise over the sleepy town of Ponyville as its inhabitants arose from their slumber. Pulling themselves out of bed, they began preparing for what they believed would be another dreary day. Except for Pinkie-Pie. She had been unable to sleep, for she had caught wind of some interesting news from up north. A new pony was coming to town! She had stayed up all night baking and preparing to throw whoever was coming a grand party! There was no pony who could throw a better party than she could, and the décor surely showed it. Around the room she had put up several balloons, banners, and fun games to surely put a smile on whoever it was! And on top of that, her famous cupcakes were baking in the oven. It was all just about ready. She could hardly contain herself, and jumped around faster and faster and faster, unable to keep still. “This will be the greatest party ever!” She exclaimed to the empty shop.

Suddenly, the door to the now-decorated bakery swung open, and Twilight entered, annoyed by the ruckus and curious what could have even pinkie-Pie hyper at this hour.

“Pinkie-Pie, what could possibly have even you so excited at this hour. Everypony else is just pulling themselves out of bed.” She said in a clearly irritated tone.

“What!?! Then you haven’t heard??” Pinkie-Pie asked, almost knocking Twilight over with the force of the yell. Twilight shook her head, still unaware of what could have Pinkie-Pie up so early.

Pinkie-Pie told her, “You really didn’t hear? A NEW pony is coming to town from the north. So I’m throwing whoever it is a surprise party” She said, hopping around the room with renewed vigor.

Twilight, knowing full well from her first meeting with Pinkie-Pie how crazy she could be, attempted to calm Pinkie down as much as she could, saying “Are you sure whoever it is will want a surprise party? Whatever pony it is will probably be tired from his trip, and your parties are often too much for even fully awake ponies.”

Pinkie wasn’t convinced “But what could be a better way to cheer somepony up after a long trip than a surprise PARTY! Everypony loves parties,”

Twilight gave in, and decided to head off to the market for some shopping.

The market was crowded for such an early hour. Everypony seemed to be scrambling for goods. Twilight guessed this was due to the time of year; Winter was almost upon them, and prices skyrocketed due to them having to import food. Yet, even for such a reason, the northern section of the market was unusually crowded. There were very few stalls in that area, and the ponies there didn’t seem lined up, but in a mob, seeming to be staring down the dirt road that led out of Ponyville.

Twilight, as the curious pony she was, pushed her way through the mob until she reached the front. There, she could clearly see whatever was demanding everypony’s sight. It was nothing more than a single pony, not even sparing a look to the crowd.

He, for he was a stallion, was a pony of medium size, yet a noticeably strong body. He was orange; an orange closest to the cover of a burning flame that would burn any up who erred into it’s gape. His face was gruff and hardy, yet, from what Twilight saw, seemed somewhat honest and caring. The most blaring feature of his face though was the scar running straight through his right eye down to his chin.

As he came closer, Twilight could make more out of him. He was a Pegasus, and three more scars covered his back, each wide curves resembling crescent moons. His tail was cut short; so much it even appeared as a stub to many of the onlookers, and it’s color, as well as the color of his mane, contrasted greatly with the rest of his body. They were pure black, a black so deep you could look into it infinitely and still believe it hid something.

His most blaring features, however, were his cutie mark and the strange object he carried on his back. His mark was a deep black circle, though not as deep as his mane, and marked by a curved, thick white line that went through the middle of the circle. On his back, though, was something the ponies could not make out; something they had never seen before. On the shorter end It was a small red square, made of a substance the ponies could not make out, and lined with interweaving black threads. A thin rectangle of the same substance, yet black instead of red, separated the short end from the long end. The long end was the simplest, yet most baffling part of the object. It was long, slender, and had a slight curve to it, and was silver in color. Staring into it gave many of the ponies a sense of dread and unease, as if they were in danger.

Twilight’s vision was suddenly jarred as Pinkie-Pie pushed through her and the rest of the ponies to reach the front. She didn’t stop there, running down the dirt road to meet up with the mysterious stallion. There, she barraged him with questions, asking things such as “What’s your name? Where are you from? What’s that thing? What’s the cutie mark mean?” and many other similar questions. At first, the fire pony seemed to want to answer, yet seeing as there was no leeway for him to speak, doubled his pace, attempting to separate himself from the pink pony.

She was persistent though. She easily matched his speed, and continued the questions. Twilight, realizing the stallion was overwhelmed, stepped in to help.

“Pinkie, don’t you have something to prepare for” She said with a wink, obviously referring to the party Pinkie had been preparing.

Pinkie agreed and left them, after telling the new pony she’d have more to ask later. Twilight then approached the stallion, saying, “Sorry about Pinkie, she’s just a little crazy. My name’s Twilight, what about you?” The stallion, however, dashed off; his gaze had caught something he found quite interesting.

Fluttershy was doing her daily shopping to feed her animals, and though she had completed most of the list, she had run into a problem with the carrots. Fluttershy, nice as she is, is easily taken advantage of by vendors due to her timid personality. Every time she’d come by to feed her animals, the vendors would jack up the price. She’d never fight back though, she was too scared too, and unwilling.

“Ok, I’ll give you the 3 bits for the carrot” she said, shirking back due to her timid attitude. The vendor had not only doubled, but tripled the price. But Fluttershy wouldn’t argue. He knew this.

Fluttershy walked away even more downtrodden than she often was. The mysterious pony, however, had seen enough. As he walked up and past Fluttershy, he stomped the ground, indicating to her to stay. Unsure of what to do, she adhered, ready to escape if things got too scary for her.

The orange pony approached the stall, and, stretching his wings and putting his hooves upon the table, he lifted his head and stared the other stallion straight in the eye.

After he believed their gazes had been well enough exchanged, the flame stallion grabbed the three bits Fluttershy had just parted with, and gruffly pronounced.

“I hereby confiscate this money for the greater good. I thank you for supporting the cause.”

The vendor, however, rolled his eyes and looked down upon the medium pony, saying, “What right does a weak pony from out of town like you have to demand my money? I think you s-” He was cut off as the flaming stallion lifted his hooves and violently slammed the stall, triumphantly proclaiming “I am lieutenant Meteor of the 34th regiment of the royal army! One more wisecrack out of you, and you may just find yourself drafted into the service.”

TBC.
Back to top Go down
archlord blast1
Calm Duelist
Calm Duelist
archlord blast1

Duelist Points : -3196
Top Poster I
It's OVER 1,000!!

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Duelist Points : 1512
Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

I clicked on this and didn't catch the pun until after it started loading and after seeing how long that is I'm DEFINITELY not reading it.
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I noticed a few writing perks, and Watta told me I had made Flutters to timid (even for Flutters) So I'lll be editing this section to perfection before I start on the 2nd fourth.

and btw archy, I'm unsure if the wooooow was a compliment, or an annoyed statement at the length. Razz
Back to top Go down
Darklord Asmodeus
Fiery Duelist
Fiery Duelist
Darklord Asmodeus

Duelist Points : -4007
It's OVER 1,000!!
It's UNDER 3,500!!
Judge
DP waster II
DN Admin - Green

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm

I stopped reading after pony
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I told you that it would be something watta and jet might like earlier.

That shoulda' given it away.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Duelist Points : 1512
Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:12 pm

he capitalized it so i think that's a good thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming a war horse (incomplete)   Taming a war horse (incomplete) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taming a war horse (incomplete)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valhalla Academy :: Off-Topic :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: