Valhalla Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valhalla Academy

Welcome to the Duel Academy, Guest

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hit Counter
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Music:
TeamHOExD:
teamchaosawakening:

guess the next banlist!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Duelist Points : -1812
Achievements : `
Top Poster III

guess the next banlist! Empty
PostSubject: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm

it's gettting close to march, and we all know the list is gonna' leak out next month, so put down some predictions for the next banlist.

cards you think will be hit, cards left alone, cards lessened up on etc.

Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

Duelist Points : -4214

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:16 am

Tsukuyomi, Envoy of the End, Yata-Gerasu and Royal Oppression will probably stay... Tour Guide Might hit, some Wind-ups (hunter *cough* *cough*) and probably XYZ Reborn... Hey if people find an exploit, STOP COVERING IT UP. This game is luck and uneven odds.
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

definite wind ups hit, either zenaighty, hunter, or that revive one, whichever that was.

probably maighty to one if I guessed.

TGU probly won't be hit... yet. grapha may be hit, but I"m unsure.

most of the cards will stay as is. I'm currently unsure if they'll keep BLS, but I believe they will.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Duelist Points : 1522
Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 pm

I think BLS will leave since they're already trying to replace him XD
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 pm

really? what with.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 pm

I assumed yo meant something else Razz.

yeah, the chao drags will get popular. but most of them are too specific to it. everyone can use chaos, that's why Konami unbanned BLS, because they knew it wouldn't break any specific deck to the point of loss of sales of many cards then made 2nd tier.

they could keep it, and with the prices it's bringing in, unless it makes the decklists used too specific, they'll keep it out imo.

after all, Konami is a business. they lose money if you ignore 98% of all the cards because one combo is that broken. while BLS powers up a lot, and is not tottally universal, it can be used by enough decks to, in konami's opinion, make a profit.

now, if they were wrong, and profits actually went down a decent amnt due to it, then it'll be rebanned.

imo, very few cards are banned/limited due to being universally broken, but due to the yugoh economy. some cards that have always been banned defy this rule tho, but in general if they break a deck type, or easily otk, you can expect a ban or limit.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Then please explain goyo guardian because he was almost universal in that every deck with a tuner could use him
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:54 pm

meh, then DK. I guess you make a good point. maybe was losing some support for new extra deck purchase do to its brokeness Razz.

I'm just speculating here, it's all opinion.
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 am

I hope wind-ups don't get hit too hard though..
Back to top Go down
Mr.Jet
Calm Duelist
Calm Duelist
Mr.Jet

Duelist Points : -2002

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 am

bro .. wind up getting hit the hardest .. hunter banned.. and zenmaighty limited ,end of discussion. BLS need to go again though.. that alone late game , is game changing. Oppression back to 1. Tusukuyomi back to 1. book of moon need to go to atleast 2. at the rate this game is going we gonna need it Neutral.. inzektor hornet and dragonfly to 2 . rabbit to 1/2 .... AND PLEASE LET THIS BE THE FORMAT THAT BANLIST SAYS "Ojama Trio at 3" my god this been on the list for no reason for a long time . Ban brionac. if brionac goes .. we can have cards like premature burial back :3 ... its only banned because of that slut we know as brionac (activate premature, gets blue eyes, brio eff bounce premature , blue eyes stays on the field .. re activate premature, next random monster.. rinse and repeat). plus in a format if we have oppression, heavy storm, triple mst , solemn line up, double bottomless, torrential tribute, so on and so fourth, i doubt premature will be super broken.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:33 pm

What jet said...and as for the brio comment....LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mr.Jet
Calm Duelist
Calm Duelist
Mr.Jet

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 pm

:3 hi Mr dragon Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Was Tusukuyomi limited? I remember it being banned for the longest.
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:57 pm

no jet means they SHOULD limit it
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Why would you make a card just so you can ban it in tournaments?
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm

We have been asking ourselves that since the god cards first came out.
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Deathmankid wrote:

expect maighty to go down to 1. snail, or whatever the summon card was, may also get hit.

unsure about the rest, but I know which ones definitley won't.
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:24 am

Fightersword wrote:
Deathmankid wrote:

expect maighty to go down to 1. snail, or whatever the summon card was, may also get hit.

unsure about the rest, but I know which ones definitley won't.

Snail? It just returns a set card on the field... I think you mean Magician. Or do you mean honey when its sent to the grave?
Back to top Go down
Mr_dragon
The Best
The Best
Mr_dragon

Tournament Winner I
Top Poster XII
It's OVER 1000!!
Unfair Ban*
Overmind II

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 pm

magician , rat, hunter, maighty, maines, factory. Any of those i can see at the very least semi-limited the others arent even worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Jet
Calm Duelist
Calm Duelist
Mr.Jet

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm

if they hit maighty and hunter .. then they wont be complete trolls first turn
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I meant rat as the revival.

maighty will definitley be hit. definitley. it loops with itself. if not maighty, rat.

hunter probly won't imo. good card, but the main problem is definitley maighty. it's sets up too much brokeness for it to live. I see it at 1.

rat, if anything, would be semi'd. good card, instant rank 3, as well as many other plays, but just not broken enough to be more than semi'd.
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Maighty Only works Once per turn, so if someone trys to do it twice THEY ARE WRONG. Xyz Reborn might be semi...
Back to top Go down
Fightersword
Superior Duelist
Superior Duelist
Fightersword

Top Poster III

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 pm

miaghty loops with itself, even without hunter loop.

summon maighty, send material, summon rat, revive that monster, summon maighty, repeat.

hunter loop thrown in makes this VERY broken, xyz with hunter or some other card maighty, summon rat, revive hunter, trib maighty, xyz nother maighty, send hunter summon rat etc.
Back to top Go down
Deathmankid
Average Duelist
Average Duelist
Deathmankid

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah Miaghty combo is indeed broken...But so is The World and Archlord loop. I love that loop which makes your opponent keep skipping their turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guess the next banlist!   guess the next banlist! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guess the next banlist!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valhalla Academy :: The Lounge: Yu-Gi-Oh TCG & OCG :: Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion-
Jump to: